Reset Your Boise State Password
Reset your Boise State password online.
- Uppercase characters
- Lowercase characters
- Special characters (non-alphanumeric) - excepting the % sign or a ‘blankspace‘
A password containing at least 3 out of 4 of these criteria is considered valid.
To reset your password, please go to my.boisestate.edu and click the Create/Reset Your Password link at upper-left.
You cannot reset a Google Apps generic account (e.g., an account not named for an employee) via my.BoiseState. Requests to reset this password must be made through the Help Desk.
If your password is intruder-locked (e.g., ten failed attempts have locked the account), you can wait 30 minutes for the account to automatically unlock and try again.
- Replace letters with special characters: $ makes a great substitue for ‘s.’ @ can replace ‘a.’ A zero can take the place of an ‘o.’ Think of a 3 as a backwards ‘e.’Note that replacing letters with special characters doesn’t automatically create a strong password; you must combine this technique with numeric characters and other special characters to create a strong password.
- Use passphrases instead of passwords: Instead of thinking of a single word for your password, use a phrase. Let’s say your favorite email tool is Google Apps. For “Google,” replace the ‘o’ characters with zeroes. For “Apps” replace the vowel ‘A’ with the @ symbol.You end up with the following passphrase that’s not only memorable but meets all the rules: G00gle@pps
- Consider abbreviating words to create even stronger passphrases.
- If your password is intruder-locked (e.g., ten failed attempts have locked the account), you can wait 30 minutes for the account to automatically unlock and try again.
If you have difficulty changing any passwords, please contact the Help Desk at 426-4357 or email email@example.com. Passwords can only be changed over the phone or in person; for security reasons, requests via e-mail or Help Desk Self Service to reset passwords will not be honored. Please note you will be asked for information to confirm your identity before your password can be changed. [Back to Account Services]