The Office of Information Technology occasionally receives requests to duplicate DVD media. OIT does not offer DVD duplication services.
DVD duplication software is available for Mac OS X and Windows for non-copyrighted material:
Nero Kwik Burn is a free application to download and install in Windows. Download Nero Kwik Burn here. Follow the on-screen instructions to install and use the application.
Mac OS X
No additional software is necessary to duplicate a DVD in OS X. Follow these steps:
Create an Image
- Insert the DVD that you wish to duplicate into your computer. If it starts to play the DVD, exit the DVD application.
- Open the Disk Utility application via Go > Utilities > Disk Utility.
- Select the appropriate DVD drive from the source list on the left-side menu, then click the New Image button from the top menu bar.
- Enter the file name and the location you want to save the drive to. Select “Image Format: DVD/CD master” and “Encryption: none”
- Click the Save button to create the image.
Burn the Image
- Select the disk image file (.cdr) on the left side menu of the Disk Utility application, then click the Burn button from the top menu bar.
- Insert a blank DVD disk into the drive and click the Burn button.
Offsite Duplication Services
Custom Recording and Sound
3907 Custer Dr., Boise, Idaho 83705
Phone 208-344-3535 • fax 208-323-0373
Toll Free 800-288-2553