- The Help Desk provides conditional support for Google Apps connectivity on mobile devices for faculty and staff.
- A list of features Google offers for various mobile devices can be found on Google’s website.
- The Help Desk can assist with configuring iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, and Android devices with Google Apps.
- Other devices may work with Google Apps, but the Help Desk has neither tested or trained on those devices and platforms. Thus, the Help Desk may be unable to assist with configuring other mobile devices.
- The Help Desk does not provide support for personal email accounts, personal contacts, mobile device applications, or mobile device hardware.
Configure Your Device
Before contacting us for support, please try the configuration instructions linked below.
If you do contact the Help Desk for configuration assistance, you may be asked to bring your mobile device to our office to complete the setup process. Please allow up to one hour for a Help Desk appointment.
Please note the OIT Help Desk and Boise State University accept no responsibility or liability for any data loss or damages resulting from configuring a mobile device for Google Apps connectivity.
- BlackBerry devices
- iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch devices
- Google Android devices
- Windows Phone 7 devices
- Other devices
Configure Your Account for IMAP and POP
If you don’t have a smartphone listed above, you may simply want to configure your mobile device for IMAP or POP to retrieve email. In Gmail, go to the Gear icon and choose Mail Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP and ensure your account is enabled for POP and IMAP access:
- Unless otherwise indicated, use your full email address as your Google Apps username (except if you’re clearing the captcha).
- If asked to specify a domain for Google Apps, use boisestate.edu
- Information on standard IMAP and POP configurations can be found here.
Of course, the OIT Help Desk is available for any questions you may have about Google Apps. We’re open 7:00 am – 10:00 pm Monday – Thursday, and 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Friday. Contact us at 426-4357, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Back to Google Apps]