You can customize your Site’s look and feel, and configure settings for accessing and sharing information.
Google Sites can be used for:
- Department Intranets: Departments can set up an internal Site for procedures, policies, documents, calendars, and team collaboration.
- Classes: Faculty and students can collaborate and share information quickly and easily.
- Group Projects: Teams can communicate and stay organized.
- Public Calendars: Calendars can be created and embedded in a Site for collaboration purposes, and then added as a calendar to your Google Calendar selection.
For many other examples of education-focused Google Sites, see this page at edtechvision.org.
How to Use Google Sites
Getting Started with Google Sites
- Google Apps Support
- Getting Started Guide
- About Google Sites (video)
- Examples of Sites at Boise State (video)
Google Sites Core Concepts
- Creating a Site
- Create a Google Site (video)
- Editing a Site
- Inserting Objects, Apps and Gadgets
- Add Content to Google Sites (video)
- Sharing and Collaborating
- Sharing Google Sites (video)
- How to Share Sites with Boise State Students
Other Google Sites Info
- Change How Your Site Looks
- Building Safe, Secure Google Sites (video)
- Display a Google Calendar in a Site (video)
- Troubleshooting Google Sites
- Google Sites Support Forum (a Google Group)
- Google Sites Help Center
Of course, the OIT Help Desk is available for any questions you may have about Google Sites. We’re open 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday – Friday, and you can reach us at 426-4357, or via e-mail at email@example.com.
[Back to Google Apps]