- Apple Issues an Update to Fix Recent OS X Update Apple releases new update to fix a new update….
- Yahoo Slices Your Password Out of Login Process and Starts Using “On-Demand” Passwords No more writing passwords down, Yahoo is using a one time “on-demand” password for each time you login….
- Malware Targets Gamers, Holds High Scores Hostage Ransomware has made it to the gaming world in the form of malware in two dozen games…
- Apple Fixes FREAK in iOS, OS X and Apple TV – and Numerous Other Holes Besides Apple Security Update fixes several different issue….
- Fancy a Cryptocoin Miner With Your Torrent Client? “Foistware” Back In The Spotlight… Foistware is making a comeback. This time the “Foistware” is combined with BitTorrent Installation….
- Cryptowall Ransomeware Makes A Comeback Via Malicious Help Files A new type of Ransomware has been reported. Cryptowall disguises itself as help files….
- Gazon – the Android virus that SMSes everyone Android SMS Virus that says it is from Amazon Rewards. Don’t click!!..
- Dangerous “IRS” Scam Unfolding on Your Phone A dangerous IRS phone scam has gained crooks $15.5 million….
- Idaho A.G. Warns About Anthem/Blue Cross Security Breach Idaho’s Attorney General warns about the Massive Data Security Breach by health insurance giant Anthem Inc…….
- Tumblr Blocks Torrent-Related Posts From Search Results, Which Cracks Down on Piracy Tumblr cracks down on torrent related posts and search results……
- Commercial Spyware Invades Enterprise and Company Networks! Spyware packaged into “Child-Monitoring” Software compromises business networks…
- Twitter’s New Tool Should Stop Password Sharing and Help Fend Off Hijackings Twitter tried to combat account hijacking by introducing TweetDeck that lets you share your account with “teammates”…..
- Visa Asks To Track Your Smartphone To Help Sniff Out Credit Card Fraud By tracking your smartphone, Visa’s fraud prevention measures will be reduced by 30%….
- WhatsApp Spy Tool Lets Anyone Track When You’re Online Whatsapp was found to have another security glitch that tells people when you are online…….
- 3 Questions You Should be Asking on Safer Internet Day Three questions you should be asking yourself while posting ANYTHING online……
- It Is Safer Internet Day and We Would Love For You To Join In… Please join us in celebrating Safer Internet Day…..
- More iCloud Phishing Attempts…Don’t Get Sucked In!! iCloud Phishing scam tries to get you to cancel an order you didn’t place……
- US Health Insurer, Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Sheild, Drained of 80 Million Records The second largest US Heath insurer discloses a data breach…
- Taylor Swift’s Twitter and Instagram Accounts Hacked!! Taylor Swift Hacked .Check your privacy settings for all apps! Find out how….
The mission of Information Security Services is to support Boise State, a research university aspiring to be known for the finest undergraduate education in the region with outstanding research and graduate programs, by protecting the university’s information assets.
Ensuring that Boise State’s exceptional students, faculty, and staff have access to all of the information resources they need to fulfill their role(s) at the university is the core value of this mission.
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!!