- Phishing Quiz: Can you Spot a Scam When you See One? Don’t Be So Sure… 65% of People Can’t Spot a Phishing Email…..Can You??
- Facebook Launches Keyword Searching On Past Posts New keyword search could reveal user embarrassing facebook posts…..
- What is Anti-Virus? SANS OUCH! December Newsletter Topic Read December’s SANS OUCH! Newsletter about Anti-Virus….
- New Scam Emails Fake Order Confirmations to Shoppers Watch out for fake order confirmation emails…..
- How to Avoid the “Bah Humbug” of Holiday Scams This may be the last year of the magnetic strip holiday season, in favor of “Chip and PIN”…..
- 3 Ways To Make Your Yahoo Mail Account Safer 3 ways to make your Yahoo Mail Account safer with a step by step guide…
- How to Clear Out Cookies, Flash Cookies and Local Storage How to clear out cookies from your computer…..
- SANS OUCH! November Newsletter – Social Engineering The Topic of Novembers edition of the SANS OUCH Newsletter is Social Engineering…..
- Personal Information of Almost 100,000 People Exposed Through Flaw on Site for Transcripts According to the New York Times the Web Site NeedMyTranscript.com had a large data breach….
- Apple Patches OS X against Shell Shock Naked Security reported that Apple has patched OSX against the “Shell Shock” vulnerability….
- Apple Released 8.0.2 on the Heels of Problems with 8.0.1. On the heel of bugs in the previous update, Apple releases 8.0.2….
- Apple Removes iOS 8.0.1 update and Instructs Users to Roll Back to iOS 8 Apple removes iOS 8.0.1 and encourages users to roll back to iOS 8….
- Reuters Article States “Shell Shock Could Potentially be Worse than Heartbleed” Experts are saying that “Shell-Shock”, involving Bash code, has potential to be more severe than HeartBleed…..
- “Shocking” Android Browser Bug Could Be A “Privacy Disaster”. Here is How to Fix It Android Browser Program could be a Privacy Problem. Here are steps to disable it….
- Apple Adds Two-Step Verification for iCloud – Effective Immediately! Apple adds 2-step Verification to iCloud and announces bogus hack claim…
- Massive Gmail Credential Leak Is NOT Result of a Breach Google concluded that their systems have not been compromised…..
- 5 Million Google Passwords Leaked 5 Million Google passwords have been leaked but may be as old as 3 years…..
- Home Depot Confirms Data Breach Home Depot Confirms Data Breach….
- Beware the Court-Summons Scam A phishing scheme involving a summons has been detected.
- Goodwill Acknowledges Customer Payment Card Data Compromised Goodwill announced a credit/debit card data breach that lasted from Feb. 2013-Aug. 2014…
The mission of Information Security Services is to support Boise State, a research university aspiring to be known for the finest undergraduate education in the region with outstanding research and graduate programs, by protecting the university’s information assets.
Ensuring that Boise State’s exceptional students, faculty, and staff have access to all of the information resources they need to fulfill their role(s) at the university is the core value of this mission.
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!!