- Taylor Swift’s Twitter and Instagram Accounts Hacked!! Taylor Swift Hacked .Check your privacy settings for all apps! Find out how….
- Facebook Update Aims To Reduce News Feed Hoaxes Facebook is trying to clean up it’s act by reducing “hoax posts”……..
- People Happily Give Away Their (Bad) Passwords to TV Reporter People happily give up their passwords and personal data to the film crew of the Jimmy Kimmel Show…..
- University Payroll Scam Reported. The FBI Reports that a University Payroll Scam has been reported…
- Barack Obama Calls For Stricter Data Privacy and Disclosure laws On Monday the President called for stricter Data Privacy Laws….
- Google Flushes 61% of Android Users Down The Security Toilet Pre-KitKat Android users have been left out in the cold by Google’s own security policy….
- Yes, I got an iTunes gift card for Christmas – but HOW DID THE CROOKS KNOW THAT? Beware of Phishing emails targeting people who have recently gotten new hardware and gift cards…
- Spear-Phishers Grab Emails From Internet Overseer ICANN!! The overseer of internet addresses and domains was attacked by spear-phishers…..
- Phishing Quiz: Can you Spot a Scam When you See One? Don’t Be So Sure… 65% of People Can’t Spot a Phishing Email…..Can You??
- Facebook Launches Keyword Searching On Past Posts New keyword search could reveal user embarrassing facebook posts…..
- What is Anti-Virus? SANS OUCH! December Newsletter Topic Read December’s SANS OUCH! Newsletter about Anti-Virus….
- New Scam Emails Fake Order Confirmations to Shoppers Watch out for fake order confirmation emails…..
- How to Avoid the “Bah Humbug” of Holiday Scams This may be the last year of the magnetic strip holiday season, in favor of “Chip and PIN”…..
- 3 Ways To Make Your Yahoo Mail Account Safer 3 ways to make your Yahoo Mail Account safer with a step by step guide…
- How to Clear Out Cookies, Flash Cookies and Local Storage How to clear out cookies from your computer…..
- SANS OUCH! November Newsletter – Social Engineering The Topic of Novembers edition of the SANS OUCH Newsletter is Social Engineering…..
- Personal Information of Almost 100,000 People Exposed Through Flaw on Site for Transcripts According to the New York Times the Web Site NeedMyTranscript.com had a large data breach….
- Apple Patches OS X against Shell Shock Naked Security reported that Apple has patched OSX against the “Shell Shock” vulnerability….
- Apple Released 8.0.2 on the Heels of Problems with 8.0.1. On the heel of bugs in the previous update, Apple releases 8.0.2….
The mission of Information Security Services is to support Boise State, a research university aspiring to be known for the finest undergraduate education in the region with outstanding research and graduate programs, by protecting the university’s information assets.
Ensuring that Boise State’s exceptional students, faculty, and staff have access to all of the information resources they need to fulfill their role(s) at the university is the core value of this mission.
Like us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter!!