- Number of Consumers Hit By Data Breaches Has Doubled Data Breaches, against consumers, have doubled and changed banking practices…..
- 5 online privacy and security tips for travelers Five tips to make sure your mobile devices stay secure while traveling………
- Lost your Android? Now you can Google it! Now you can just Google your lost Android phone to find it……..
- New Periscope App, For Twitter, Takes A User Privacy Hit Twitter has privacy problems with it’s new Periscope App…..
- World Backup Day – Is Your Data Safe Enough? March 31st 2015 is World Backup Day. Make sure your backup data is secure…..
- Big Vulnerability In Hotel Wi-Fi Routers Put Guests At Risk A vulnerability in hotel routers could put guests at risk….
- Apple Issues an Update to Fix Recent OS X Update Apple releases new update to fix a new update….
- Yahoo Slices Your Password Out of Login Process and Starts Using “On-Demand” Passwords No more writing passwords down, Yahoo is using a one time “on-demand” password for each time you login….
- Malware Targets Gamers, Holds High Scores Hostage Ransomware has made it to the gaming world in the form of malware in two dozen games…
- Apple Fixes FREAK in iOS, OS X and Apple TV – and Numerous Other Holes Besides Apple Security Update fixes several different issue….
- Fancy a Cryptocoin Miner With Your Torrent Client? “Foistware” Back In The Spotlight… Foistware is making a comeback. This time the “Foistware” is combined with BitTorrent Installation….
- Cryptowall Ransomeware Makes A Comeback Via Malicious Help Files A new type of Ransomware has been reported. Cryptowall disguises itself as help files….
- Gazon – the Android virus that SMSes everyone Android SMS Virus that says it is from Amazon Rewards. Don’t click!!..
- Dangerous “IRS” Scam Unfolding on Your Phone A dangerous IRS phone scam has gained crooks $15.5 million….
- Idaho A.G. Warns About Anthem/Blue Cross Security Breach Idaho’s Attorney General warns about the Massive Data Security Breach by health insurance giant Anthem Inc…….
- Tumblr Blocks Torrent-Related Posts From Search Results, Which Cracks Down on Piracy Tumblr cracks down on torrent related posts and search results……
- Commercial Spyware Invades Enterprise and Company Networks! Spyware packaged into “Child-Monitoring” Software compromises business networks…
- Twitter’s New Tool Should Stop Password Sharing and Help Fend Off Hijackings Twitter tried to combat account hijacking by introducing TweetDeck that lets you share your account with “teammates”…..
- Visa Asks To Track Your Smartphone To Help Sniff Out Credit Card Fraud By tracking your smartphone, Visa’s fraud prevention measures will be reduced by 30%….
- WhatsApp Spy Tool Lets Anyone Track When You’re Online Whatsapp was found to have another security glitch that tells people when you are online…….
The mission of Information Security Services is to support Boise State, a research university aspiring to be known for the finest undergraduate education in the region with outstanding research and graduate programs, by protecting the university’s information assets.
Ensuring that Boise State’s exceptional students, faculty, and staff have access to all of the information resources they need to fulfill their role(s) at the university is the core value of this mission.