If you would like to change your username, there are a few steps to complete and a few things to understand.
- You will have a new email address and will have sole responsibility of notifying contacts of your new address.
- If you are a faculty member that uses the Blackboard system, you will also need to manually update your Blackboard user profile to include your new email address.
- If you have queries in Peoplesoft, you will need to save them as they won’t transfer over to the renamed account.
- In addition, if you are subscribed to any mailing lists, you must unsubscribe with your original email address before your username change occurs, and then re-subscribe with your new email address after the change.
- After your account is renamed, your PeopleSoft Finance access (if applicable) will be unavailable for 24 hours and your Blackboard access will be unavailable for 3-6 hours.
How to Change Your Username
- To change your accounts username and email address, submit a request to the Help Desk.
- To change your display name on your desk phone, submit a request to the Help Desk.
- To change your name in the searchable Boise State directory, complete the Directory Update form.
- To change your voicemail, follow these instructions.
If you would like more information or have questions about changing your username, please contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208.426.4357.