Blackboard Learn is a web-based course-management system designed to allow students and faculty to participate in classes delivered online or to use online materials and activities to complement face-to-face teaching.
State of Learning Technologies – Spring 2018 Presentation
Please join us for a presentation about learning technologies at Boise State University on Friday, April 6th. The Spring 2018 Learning Technology Advisory Group (LTAG): State of Learning Technologies will focus on OIT’s Learning Technology Solutions department and the strategic initiatives they are working on in the coming year. Topics will include training, open educational resources, infrastructure improvements, and educational data. Presenters will also share key findings and recommendations from the faculty survey that was sent in February.
Click on the link above for more information about this upcoming change.
Blackboard Grade Transfer is Live!
myBoiseState now offers a simple method to transfer letter grades from Blackboard to PeopleSoft for final reporting to the Registrar’s office. Click Transfer Grades within your myBoiseState Schedule to take advantage of this feature.
Using this feature
- The transfer grades button will appear three days prior to the last date of instruction for your class.
- This tool is completely optional and is not required for submitting final grades.
- Your course must use a letter grading schema; pass/fail and other types of grading are not supported.
- View step-by-step instructions to prepare your Blackboard course for grade transfer and transfer your Blackboard grades to PeopleSoft.
Blackboard Mobile Apps Updated
Hello – we’re excited to announce that Blackboard app version 3.0 was released today in app stores, which features an updated user experience. This is a major update for the iOS and Android apps that includes several important changes that will enhance the user experience including:
- Tablet Support: The Blackboard app now provides an optimized experience no matter what type of device you use.
- Simplified Navigation: The new course overview screen makes it easy to get to course content, grades, announcements, and discussions.
- Faster Performance: We tuned up performance and decreased animations to make the app speedier and more efficient.
- New Discussion Indicator: See which posts are new in discussions.
As always, please let us know: How Can We Make Blackboard Support Even Better?