The Online Collaboration System is powered by Blackboard Collaborate, which has been integrated with Blackboard Learn to allow for highly flexible online collaboration sessions within Boise State courses.
Overview of Collaborate Ultra
What is it?
As of December 21, 2016, Blackboard Collaborate has been upgraded to the Collaborate Ultra experience.
Collaborate with the Ultra experience opens right in your browser, so you don’t have to install any software to join a session!
What are the Improvements?
- Brand-new architecture that runs directly in a browser – no need for Java!
- A modern aesthetic and streamlined interface
- HD audio and video
- Personalized participant profiles
- Quick & easy file and application sharing
- Easy guest access for guest presenters or participants from outside Boise State University
- Instant and convenient text chat
- Live closed captioning (with a captioner)
- Integrated telephony for listening/speaking via a telephone
- Breakout rooms
- Scheduled Sessions
What are the Restrictions?
- Session attendance restricted to 100 users
- No Blackboard gradebook integration
- Archives of sessions have to be viewed from the course.