Tips per Cyberwise.org
- Always think before you share (count to ten before you hit “send” or “post”!).
- Tell yourself: “There is no delete button on the Internet.”
- Remember, everything you put on the Internet is “persistent, searchable, replicable and can be viewed by vast invisible audiences” .
- Think about replacing silly or immature email addresses with something more mature.
- Post positive items and accomplishments online for college recruiters and potential employers to see.
- Be respectful of the photos and information you post about friends – and ask them to give you the same courtesy.
1. boyd, danah (2007), “Why youth (heart) social network sites: The role of networked publics in teenage social life.”