Gmail is a full-featured email client with built-in instant messaging, voice and video chat, tasks, mobile access, and spam and virus protection.
New Gmail FeaturesBoise State students, faculty and staff can try the new Gmail beginning Tuesday, May 24. Select Settings > Try the new Gmail at top-right within the Gmail application. For information on how to use the new features, visit Google’s website.
- Gmail for students, faculty and staff, is accessed via G Suite or “BroncoMail” through myBoiseState.
- Learn how to access generic department “maildrop” accounts.
How to Use
- Complete information on how to learn and use Gmail is available at the G Suite Learning Center.
- Learn how to configure mobile devices with G Suite accounts.
For questions about using Gmail, contact the Help Desk at 208-426-4357, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use Advanced Search Operators to find email.
- Run common Gmail searches with one click.
- How to forward Gmail to another email account.
- How to manage dual (employee and student) email accounts.
- How to report phishing and spam email.
- How to configure Gmail with other email clients.
- How to mute conversation threads you no longer want to see.
- How to create Gmail filters.