Google Sites is an easy way to create internal websites for teams, projects, and resources.
Sites features integrations with G Suite (Google Apps), allowing easy schedule embeds from Google Calendar, files from Google Drive, or locations from Google Maps.
Multiple people can collaborate on a Site in real-time, just like with Google Docs. Manage site permissions to restrict viewership to people with @boisestate.edu or @u.boisestate.edu accounts, or specific individuals or groups.
Content on the screen is arranged through drag-and-drop functionality, so no web experience is necessary.
Conversion Tool for “Classic” Google Sites
Google is expected to soon retire “classic” Google Sites. A conversion feature is available to migrate a classic Site to a new Site.
Access New Google Sites
New Google Sites are accessed through Google Drive. Log into BroncoMail or G Suite through myBoiseState, then browse to Google Drive:
Access Classic Google Sites
“Classic” Google Sites, are accessed through the G Suite (Google Apps) menu:
How to Use
Contact the Help Desk at (208) 426-4357 or email@example.com.
- Faculty and staff use the boisestate.edu G Suite domain
- Students use the u.boisestate.edu G Suite domain
How to Share a Classic Google Site Between Domains
- Create a new Site, or open a Site you’ve already created.
- Click More Actions > Share this Site at the upper-right of the screen.
- Add one or more email addresses, and choose what rights you want to grant for owners, collaborators and/or viewers.
- Invite your owners, collaborators and/or viewers via email. The invitees will receive an email message explaining they have been grated access to a Google Site. The email will contain a link to the shared Site. The invitee can click on the link, which will prompt the invitee to log in to Google Apps if necessary.
- The invitee/recipient you are sharing your Site with must log in to BroncoMail/G Suite before the next step.
- A window will be presented similar to the following:
- The invitee will need to click “Sign in with a different account” and sign in using full email address (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- The invitee now has access to the shared Site.
- If the invitee has problems accessing the Site, repeat the above steps; return to BroncoMail/G Suite and click on the email link, then once again choose “Sign in with a different account.” If there are further questions, please contact the Help Desk.