Help Desk staff are certified for warranty work on University owned Dell and Apple computers. We will diagnose and recommend options for work on all non-warranty systems as well.
Please supply as much information as you can about your computer, such as:
- account number/org id to be charged for parts
- make & model of hardware to be serviced – be as specific as possible
- state ID tag number if applicable
- location of the equipment (building & room)
- name of contact and phone number if different from requestor
Other vendors available to provide computer repair service include:
- RJM Electronics
4524 Overland Rd.
472-2800, press option 2
Rates: In-shop – $125 flat fee plus parts. On-campus: $100 for first hour, $50 per each additional hour plus parts. RJM also offers a 10% discount for repair service for University students.
Printer repair service can be contracted through:
- Valley Office Systems – Boise
5461 Kendall Street
Rates: On-campus – $75 flat rate per printer, $65 for each additional printer. Parts cost extra.
- CK Technologies, Inc.
7665 W. Mossy Cup Street
Rates: In-shop – $50 per hour plus parts, On-campus – $75 for service call (includes first hour) then $83 for each additional hour plus parts.
- Digital Imaging
6111 Overland Rd.
Rates: Two types of service:
- Contract Service – In-shop and On-Campus – No charge for labor provided customer enters into 12-month maintenance contract, which requires purchase of two print cartridges per printer device per year. Parts cost extra.
- Non-Contract Service: – In-shop & On-Campus – $75/hour small desktop printers; $150/hour large printers (plus parts)
For further assistance, please contact the OIT Help Desk by phone at 426-4357, via e-mail at email@example.com, or online at Help Desk Self Service.