Effective Summer 2017, REEF Polling has changed names and is now iClicker Cloud.
This change is simply branding, all of the features we love about REEF Polling are still intact and the company hasn’t changed anything about their support or future plans for the application.
Things to know:
- Same application, new icon. The instructor software has been updated on OIT-managed classroom computers. Look for the new blue circle/white cloud icon (above) to launch your polling sessions.
- Update or reinstall on your personal computers. The new version of the application fully installs on your computer, making future updates easier to manage.Download the new iClicker Cloud software now to get started. We’re hoping this is the end of re-downloading the app and replacing the old version with each new release.
- The LMS Sync settings are now labeled “Grade Sync” in Course Settings. This reflects the expanded integration opportunities with other Macmillan products. The gradebook interface will only show the grade sync elements relevant to the type of integration selected.
- Timer. Select the timer on the polling toolbar to “Count up” that you can manually select when each poll will end or to “Count down” that polling ends automatically when time expires or when manually stops.
- New attendance feature is moving out of beta! With this update the much anticipated attendance feature is now publicly available as a free preview through Fall 2017. Attendance allows students to check-in to class with their mobile devices or iClicker remote. Attendance feature allows you to take attendance using geolocation technology that recognizes if students are within range of your classroom when they check-in. Check out the iClicker Cloud attendance feature overview on the LTS support site for more information.
If you have any questions about the re-branding of REEF Polling to iClicker Cloud, or if you’d like help updating your personal computer or just learning more about the new attendance feature don’t hesitate to email LTS@boisestate.edu or schedule a private consultation with an instructional technologist.