In this document you will learn how to add and delete a wiki.
The Blackboard Learn wiki is a collaborative tool that allows Students to contribute and modify one or more pages of course related materials, providing a means of sharing and collaboration. Pages can be created and edited quickly, while tracking changes and additions, allowing for effective collaboration between multiple writers. The Instructor can create one or more Wikis for all Course members to contribute to and Wikis for specific Groups to use to collaborate. Wikis can also be used to record information and serve as a repository for course information and knowledge.
The Instructor has the ability to view all changes to all pages in the Wiki. The Instructor can view the changes at a high level and then drill down to retrieve information about the development and contributions for any individual.
The Instructor can choose whether to assign a grade to Student contributions to a Wiki. After a Wiki is set to be graded, a grade column is created automatically in the Grade Center. Individual Student and Group contributions then can be graded inside the Wiki tool, where all pages and edits can be referenced as the grade is determined.
An assigned grade can also be edited from inside the Wikis tool and the Grade Center is updated. Grades for Wikis are changed, deleted, reverted, and overridden just like other grades in the Grade Center. Students can view their Wiki grades in the My Grades tool.
This document assumes that you have logged into blackboard.boisestate.edu and have entered a course site where you have faculty access and the wiki tool has been enabled.
- Click on the Wiki tool link in the Course Tools list from the Tools menu item
- The Wikis page appears
- Click on the Create Wiki link at the top of the page
- The Create Wiki form appears
- Add the name of your wiki into the * Name field
- Add text into the Instructions field to provide your students with instructions or a description of what you expect to happen on the wiki
- Click on the Yes radio button next Wiki Availability to make the forum available for your students to see
- Make the appropriate selections under the 3. Wiki Participation and 4. Wiki Settings areas to configure the wiki appropriately
- Click Submit
- Click OK
- You have created a wiki
- From the wiki page, click on the Contextual Menu Icon (double down arrows) next to the wiki you wish to delete
- Choose > Delete
- A Challenge Menu appears
- Click OK
- The wiki has been deleted
- From the wiki page, click and hold on the double sided arrow to the left-hand side of the wiki you would like to move
- The cursor will change to a four-sided arrow
- Drag the assignment up or down and drop it in the desired location
For additional information about wikis click on the video link: Click on this link for a video on viewing the wiki page history.