This document describes how to add, delete, and customize assignments.
This document describes how to add, delete and customize assignments.
Assignments connect automatically to the grade book when they are created using the Blackboard Learn interface. When students click on an assignment link, their submission is added automatically to the grade book. This makes access the students submissions and grading them easier to accomplish.
This document assumes that you have Logged into blackboard.boisestate.edu and have entered a course site where you have faculty access and there are content areas created on the course site menu.
- Click on the content area in the left-hand menu that you wish to put assignment into
- The content area will appear in the right-hand frame
- You will see the following items listed horizontally underneath the name of your content area:
|Build Content||Assessments||Tools||Partner Content|
- With edit mode turned on, click on Assessments
- Choose > Assignment
- The Create Assignment Form appears
- Add the name of your assignment into the * Name field
- Add text into the Instructions field to provide your students with instructions
- Click on Browse My Computer or Browse My Course to attach a file from the computer or a file already added to the course to the assignment
- Add the points that the assignment is worth to the * Points Possible field
- Addition options are available beneath the points possible areas. To open these addition options please click on the link for each area
- Options include; group assignment, number of attempts, Plagiarism checking (SafeAssign), anonymous and delegated grading and how to display grades
- Click on the check box next to Make the Assignments Available to allow your students to see the assignment link
- Click Submit
- Click OK
- You have created an assignment
- With edit mode turned on, click on the Contextual Menu Icon (double down arrows) next to the assignment you wish to delete
- Choose > Delete
- A Challenge Menu appears
- Click OK
- The assignment has been deleted
- With edit mode turned on, Click and hold on the double sided arrow to the left-hand side of the assignment you would like to move
- The cursor will change to a four-sided arrow
- Drag the assignment up or down and drop it in the desired location