This document explain how you can copy the entire course into a new coursesite.
There are times when you want to reuse all of the content from an already existing course. This process will allow you to copy everything from one course into another. Be aware that to avoid duplication of items in the new course you will need to follow the instructions below very carefully.
ImportantMake sure you have access to both the course your are copying from and the course you are copying to. If you need to request your new course the directions are here
- Go to the Course site you are copying from. This is your previous semester or master course
- In the Course Management menu on the lower left of your screen open the Packages and Utilities Menu
- From that menu select Course Copy. This will open the Course copy Menu
- From the Drop down menu select Copy Type, “Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course”
- Put in the Destination Course ID or select browse to find it in a list of courses you are enrolled in
ImportantUnder course Materials **Select All** and scroll to the bottom of the page. This is the best way to ensure you successfully copy over All aspects of your course.
- Scroll down in the list of selected items and under Discussion boards Select the second option to Include only the forums, with no starter posts
- This will keep the discussion board posts from copying over from the previous course
- Leave the File Attachments on “Copy links and copies of the content”
- Select Submit in the bottom right corner of the screen
- Please WAIT for at least 20 minutes for the copy to complete
- After the copy verify the content has copied over
- Clean up the new course menu
From within the new course site (destination course)
- In grade center, delete the extra Weighted Total. It was duplicated regenerated during the copy
- Delete any duplicate menu link items from the main menu on the left navigation pane of the course by clicking the arrow on the right side of each menu button and selecting “Delete”
- In the Full Grade center you can now delete the additional “Total” column that does not have the green check mark next to it