With Blackboard Mobile Learn, students are able to take certain tests and exams delivered through Blackboard Learn on their Android and iOS devices. In order ensure compatibility with the latest mobile app, Blackboard has introduced a new test creation tool. The Mobile Compatible Test tool compliments the current test tool in Blackboard, and can be accessed via your computer’s browser (not in the app). This tool creates tests that ensure mobile compatibility but students can also complete these tests via any computer browser.
1. On a Content Area, hover over Create Assessment.
2. Select Mobile Compatible Test.
3. Fill out the necessary information in the Test Settings and select Save Settings.
4. Click on the Add Question pull-down to create questions.
5. Select Save and Close when all questions have been added.
Best Practices and Suggested Uses for Mobile Tests
Best practices still recommend students complete tests in the most stable environment possible. Therefore the new mobile testing option is being recommended for the use of informal evaluations. Suggested uses include informal assessments, quick surveys, pre-assessments, or in-class polling. Our team of instructional designers can help faculty determine if this technology can meet you needs and goals.
- Responses to short essay questions taken on mobile devices are limited to 300 characters.
- After the first student has begun taking a test, faculty cannot change anything about a test created using the new Mobile Compatible Test tool