In this document you will learn how to download grades.
Instructors have the ability to download Grade Center data as a delimited file that can be used in other applications such as Spreadsheet programs or statistical analysis programs. Instructors can select specific data to download, or download the complete Grade Center data set. Downloaded files can be saved on a local computer drive or in the Content System if it is available.
Instructors planning on uploading Grade Center data from an external application such as a grading tool or spreadsheet may wish to download Grade Center data first in order to have a delimited file that is formatted for uploading.
- Click Grade Center from the Control Panel
- Select Full Grade Center
- Maximize your Grade Center view by Clicking on the Show/Hide Course Menu button
- Select Work Offline, top right of your Grade Center
- Select Download. Using the radio buttons, select the data to download:
- Full Grade Center
- Selected Column
- Student Information Only
- Selected Grading Period – if one has been created
- Download by Smart View – select your Smart View then Work Offline,
- Select the file delimiter. Tab delimited files will open directly in Microsoft Excel
- Comma delimited files will not open directly in Microsoft Excel
- Note: Blackboard recommends downloading tab-delimited files as it will open directly in Microsoft Excel
- Select whether to Include Hidden Information in the downloaded data. Hidden information includes columns and students that have been hidden from your Grade Center view
- Select the save location
- My Computer – allows you to save it to a known location on your PC
- Content Collection – select browse – allows you to save it your
Blackboard course files location
- Click submit
- Click download to finish the download
- Select the location for the download