This document shows you how to export a course.
The Export Course feature creates a package of the Course content that can be imported and used to teach another Course with the same content or shared with another instructor. It is important to note that, unlike the Archive Course feature, Export Course does not include any user interactions with the Course—it only includes the content and the tools. Export packages are downloaded as compressed .ZIP files and are imported in the same format. Do not unzip an Export/Archive package or remove files from the package, otherwise the package will not be imported correctly.
Note: Export saves course content only.
- Click packages and utilities from the control panel menu
- Select Export/Archive Course
- Select Export
- Select the course materials you want to export
- Click Submit
- You should see Success: This action has been queued. An email will be sent when the process is complete
- When Export process is complete you will see the created zip file(s) after selecting Export/Archive Course in your control panel packages and utilities sub-menu again
- You can right click on the file and save to a known location
- You can also check for export/archive errors by clicking on the options menu for the zip file and view the basic or detailed logs