This document will show you how to add an image with Alt text to the content area.
Alt text is text that appears when you scroll over an image. It is also what a screen reader reads out when interpreting images. Alt text is helpful for people with disabilities relating to eye sight and reading.
How to Add Alt Text to an Image
- Click a content area in your course menu
- In the content hover over build content
- Click image
- Give the image a name
- Choose an image
- Click the field labeled Alt text
- In the alt text field enter a description of what is happening in the image
- If the summary of the image runs on too long enter the information into the field labeled long description