The Online Collaboration System is powered by Blackboard Collaborate, which has been integrated with Blackboard Learn to allow for highly flexible online collaboration sessions within Boise State courses.
News about Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Boise State University will be transitioning Wednesday, August 16th to the new and improved version of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for Fall 2017 semester.
To help make the transition easier, the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra tool is available for users to activate in their course sites and start using now! LTS, Learning Technology Solutions, recommends making the transition ASAP to preserve all of your recordings on the New software (i.e. before your first Collaborate session).
- What is it?
What are the Improvements?
- Brand-new architecture that runs directly in a browser – no need for Java!
- A modern aesthetic and streamlined interface
- HD audio and video
- Personalized participant profiles
- Quick & easy file and application sharing
- Easy guest access for guest presenters or participants from outside Boise State University
- Instant and convenient text chat
- Live closed captioning (with a captioner)
- Integrated telephony for listening/speaking via a telephone
- Breakout rooms
- Recorded Sessions save as MP4 File
- Attendance/Participation report
What are the Restrictions?
- Session attendance restricted to 100 users
- No Blackboard gradebook integration
Blackboard Collaborate Support Blackboard Collaborate support site (updated to new collaborate)
YouTube Video Tour of Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- How to Enable Blackboard Collaborate Ultra in your Course Site
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra: Attendance Report
- Collaborate Basics
- Navigate Collaborate
- Roles in Collaborate Ultra
- Add a Profile Picture
- Collaborate Tools
- Audio and Video in Collaborate
- Manage Participants
- Share Content
- Breakout Rooms
- Polling in Collaborate Ultra
- Record a Session
- Call into a Session
- Browser Support
- Troubleshooting for Moderators
- System Requirements
- Orientation Video (Faculty) | Orientation Video (Student)
- Review Online Training Materials (For Moderators and Participants)
- Audio Setup Wizard
- Audio/Video Devices and Best Practices
- Create a Collaborate Session
- Guest Access in Collaborate
- Using Application Sharing
- Using the Polling Feature Wizard
- Using the Whiteboard
Blackboard Collaborate Platform Overview Brainshark video