The Online Collaboration System is powered by Blackboard Collaborate, which has been integrated with Blackboard Learn to allow for highly flexible online collaboration sessions within Boise State courses.
- What is it?
As of December 21, 2016, Blackboard Collaborate has been upgraded to the Collaborate Ultra experience.
Collaborate with the Ultra experience opens right in your browser, so you don’t have to install any software to join a session!
What are the Improvements?
- Brand-new architecture that runs directly in a browser – no need for Java!
- A modern aesthetic and streamlined interface
- HD audio and video
- Personalized participant profiles
- Quick & easy file and application sharing
- Easy guest access for guest presenters or participants from outside Boise State University
- Instant and convenient text chat
- Live closed captioning (with a captioner)
- Integrated telephony for listening/speaking via a telephone
- Breakout rooms
What are the Restrictions?
- Session attendance restricted to 100 users
- No Blackboard gradebook integration
- Only one room and no scheduling option
- Archives of sessions have to be viewed from the course.
- Collaborate Basics
- Navigate Collaborate
- Roles in Collaborate Ultra
- Add a Profile Picture
- Collaborate Tools
- Audio and Video in Collaborate
- Manage Participants
- Share Content
- Breakout Rooms
- Polling in Collaborate Ultra
- Record a Session
- Call into a Session
- Browser Support
- Troubleshooting for Moderators
- System Requirements
- Orientation Video (Faculty) | Orientation Video (Student)
- Review Online Training Materials (For Moderators and Participants)
- Audio Setup Wizard
- Audio/Video Devices and Best Practices
- Create a Collaborate Session
- Guest Access in Collaborate
- Using Application Sharing
- Using the Polling Feature Wizard
- Using the Whiteboard
Blackboard Collaborate Platform Overview Brainshark video
Blackboard Collaborate Support Blackboard Collaborate support site