This page explains what Piazza is, how to add it to your Blackboard course and where additional support and resources can be found.
What is Piazza?
Piazza is a free online gathering place where students can ask, answer, and explore 24/7, under the guidance of their instructors. Students as well as instructors can answer questions, fueling a healthy, collaborative discussion. While not affiliated with the University, many instructors are finding Piazza an interesting alternative to the native discussion board in Blackboard. Piazza classes can easily be integrated into Blackboard course sites. The major features of the integration are all about convenience:
- Instructors can create a Piazza for their class with a single click.
- Students and instructors are automatically enrolled with appropriate roles, based on the course roster.
- Instructors and students can pass directly from Blackboard into Piazza.
Students will be automatically enrolled in the Piazza class the first time they access the class via the Blackboard integration.
The first time a student clicks the link in Blackboard they will see a screen similar to the one below prompting them to either create a new Piazza account or sign in with an existing account.
After this information has been entered, it will be saved for all future logins through Blackboard, essentially functioning as a Single Sign On
Add Piazza to Blackboard Course
- Go to the Tools area of any content area.
- Click on Tools.
- Select Piazza from the drop down menu.
- Enter Piazza as the name.
- Set the options for the tool link.
- Click Submit
- Click the link to set up your account or link your existing account.
Support and information about Piazza
Piazza Help: https://piazza.com/help.html
Contact Piazza: https://piazza.com/contactus.html
Instructor Resources: https://piazza.com/why-piazza-works#instructor_resources