This document demonstrates share a Blackboard Portfolio snapshot. A snapshot is a copy of your portfolio content the exact way it appeared at the time it is created.
Once a Portfolio is created a snapshot of it might need to be shared with an entire class, a project partner, or a group. When you share, you are sharing what your portfolio looks like at that specific point in time. You can continue to work on your portfolio but the snapshot you have previously shared will not be updated.
- In the Portfolios Homepage, select My Portfolios.
- Identify the Portfolio to be shared and select More. (Click Image for Larger View)
- Click Share a Snapshot With, and select the type of sharing that meets your needs. Detailed instructions for sharing a portfolio using the three most common options are available below.
Ways to Share Your Portfolio
- To sharing a snapshot with a classmate, advisor, or other person at Boise State, select Users.
- Enter the Boise State Username of the person is being shared with. If the username is unknown, select the Browse button and search them.
NOTEMultiple usernames can be added with a comma and space in between. Note – if there are any errors in the usernames, none of them will be added and the action will need to be repeated correctly.
- Check the Send Email box if a notification email should be sent.
- Personalize the email message if needed.
- Review the other email settings.
- Select Submit. (Click on Image to enlarge)
- Once the Portfolio snapshot is shared a note will be added on the Share Portfolio page.
- To share a snapshot with a potential employers or other people outside of Boise State, select External Users.
- Enter email addresses for individuals you would like to share your Portfolio with and format your email message using the editor provided.
- You may create a password for your portfolio or set a link expiration date if desired.
- To share a snapshot with a students and instructors in a class you’re taking in Blackboard, select Courses.
- On the Choose Course page, enter the Course ID if it was provided by your instructor, otherwise click Browse.
NOTEThe Course ID is different than your course name and will be formatted similar to the example below.
Example Course ID: 1189-11792MATH175006
- When using the browse option, type or paste the name of your course into the search box and click search. The course name is what appears in the list of My Courses on the Blackboard landing page or appears in the top left-hand corner of the screen when working in your course.
- Select your course from the results returned and click Submit.
Viewing Portfolios Shared with You
To view a shared Portfolio snapshot, the user will click on Shared with Me and see the Portfolio snapshot listed there.