A variety of conference call services are available to Boise State departments and colleges, including self-service, Meet-Me, and AT&T offerings.
How to Access Conference Call Services
Callers may use their Cisco IP phone to make conference calls with up to 6 participants.
- Pick up the handset or (for equipped telephone sets) activate the speaker phone.
- Dial the first telephone number. Wait until the party answers, then
alert them that you will briefly place them on hold.
- Press the More softkey, then quickly press the Confrn softkey
- Dial the second telephone number. Wait until the party answers, then
alert them you will activate the conference.
- Press the Confrn softkey. The LCD display on your telephone set will
say “Conference,” and all parties will be connected.
Meet-Me Conference Call service is available for departments that wish to have participants pay long distance costs. These types of conference calls must be placed through AT&T, or through the Boise State Meet-Me Service. AT&T prices are based on calls being set up correctly through AT&T.
Boise State Meet-Me Conference Call – Caller Paid Dial-In:
- Maximum of 12 participants
- No Operator Assistance.
- No setup fee, cost for a Conference Call Number is $30.00 per month. Permanent Conference Call numbers can be setup.
The Host/Arranger prefers to have each participant pay their long distance charge for a conference call. Participants utilize their own company network or regular long distance service to access the conference call. The Host/Arranger assumes responsibility for the Conference Call Number monthly charge.
To set up a Meet-Me Conference Call, contact the Help Desk, or submit a request via Help Desk Self Service. Please submit your request as: “Please set up a Meet-Me Conference Call number in xxxx Location, for the time period xxxx to xxxxx.” Dept ID, contact name, department, etc. are required information.
If you have more than 8 participants you need to use the AT&T Conference Call Reservation Center. The individual who wants to set up a call should contact the AT&T Reservation Center at 800-526-2655.
Host/Arranger should have the following info:
- The date, time, and time zone of the call
- The number of participants to participate on the call
- Select call type: Operator dialed; 800 Dial-In; Caller paid dial-in (Automated or Operator Assisted); or Mixed-Mode (call descriptions and pricing are listed on below)
- Are special features required? (e.g., recording, broadcast mode)
The Reservation Center specialist will ask for:
- A Folder ID: If none, there will be one created. The user should refer to this number for future reservations.
- Host Information: The host’s name and host’s office telephone number
- Company Name: State of Idaho (do not use “Boise State” as the Company name or you will not receive the contract discount)
- Account Code: BSU
- Sub-Account Code: Main Location Telephone Number – 208-426-1011 – and personal extension (Host Number – 5 digits)
Callers who make frequent Conference Calls through AT&T should contact OIT Business Services at 208-426-1433 for “Reservationless”set-up. This provides the lowest AT&T rates.
OIT Business Services will receive a bill for the call and will charge-back the calling extension’s Dept ID through the monthly posting process.
Following is price information based on the latest AT&T Contract and services provided by OIT. All conference calls must be placed through AT&T or through the Boise State Meet-Me Service. Prices are based on calls being set up correctly through AT&T.
Operator Dialed/Assisted: $.21 Cents per Minute per Participant
AT&T Teleconference Specialist dials out to each participant, including the host, and adds them to the call. This service can accommodate from 3 to 500 participants and has unlimited conference duration. Host of the conference call assumes responsibility for all charges related to the call.
Dial-In: $.08 Cents Per Minute per Participant
All Dial-In conferences are either “Automated” or “Operator Assisted Dial-In”. The teleconference bridge opens up for new calls five minutes prior to actual start time. Reservations and reservation changes are downloaded to the bridges every fifteen minutes.
Automated Dial-In calls are “auto answered.” Teleconference participants are responsible for dialing into the conference via an assigned (800) or 10-digit telephone number and when prompted are required to enter a 6-digit access code. Upon successful entry of the code, participants are automatically connected to the call without intervention from the Teleconference Specialist.
Operator Assisted Dial-In calls are “routed to a Specialist.” Teleconference participants are responsible for dialing into the conference via an assigned (800) or 10-digit telephone number and when prompted are required to enter a 6-digit access code. Once the access code is entered, participants will be greeted by a Specialist and screened for any host requested information.
This service can accommodate up to 150 participants with a call duration of up to 24 hours.
AT&T Caller Paid Dial In: Unassisted: $.08 Cents Per Minute Includes Bridge Cost
The Host/Arranger prefers to have each participant pay their long distance to reach the conference bridge. Participants may utilize their own company network or regular long distance to access the conference call. The Host/Arranger of the call assumes responsibility for the bridge charges and any applicable set-up or special feature charges.
Universal Connectivity Fee, Taxes, Other Charges
Universal Connectivity Fees, Taxes and Other Charges are not included in the AT&T rates. These fees are approximately 11% of the total charges.
For questions, contact the Help Desk at 208-426-4357, or email email@example.com.
For billing questions, contact OIT Business Services at 208-426-1433, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.