The Office of Information Technology offers several desk phones (including a conference phone model) and accessories to suit a variety of personal and department telephone traffic and needs.
View a Price List of phone models and accessories:
To order, please submit a request via Help Desk Self Service.
- Main Boise State Campus Numbers: 6-xxxx or 7-xxxx
- University Housing Numbers: 7-xxxx
- Local Calls: Dial 8 + the number.
- Emergency 911 Calls: Dial 911 and wait for the call to connect.
- Incoming Calls: Incoming calls to Boise State may be placed to the desired extension by dialing extension number listed in the Boise State directory. Incoming collect calls or 3rd party number calls to Boise State will not be accepted.
- Direct Dial Long Distance (U.S. and Canada): 8 + 1 + area code then 7 digits
- Toll Free Dialing: 8 + 1 + toll free number
- International (Overseas) & Mexico: 8 + 011 + required numbers, ie. city code, country code. There can be a delay of up to 12 seconds when connecting, do not hang up and redial before the call connects.
- Directory Assistance (U.S.): 8 + 411 (Current charge is .95 cents per call). Our dial tone provider, Time Warner, will provide directory assistance.
- Directory Assistance (International): 8 +1 + 412-555-1515
- Corporate Calling Cards: Available for those individuals who travel or have a need for a calling card. Contact the Help Desk for more information.
You can configure your Cisco IP phone online via Cisco Call Manager.
Configuration options include forwarding calls to another number, adding or updating Speed Dial settings, and many more.
You can change the background image on your Cisco Phone (models 7945, 7961, and 7965) by following the instructions below:
- Choose Settings.
- Select User Preferences.
- Select Background Images.
- Scroll through available images or select image number and press Select to choose an image.
Note: If you do not see any images, then this option has not been enabled on your phone.
- (OPTIONAL) Press Preview to see a larger view of the background image. Press Exit to return to the selection menu.
- Press Save to accept the image or press Cancel.
- Press Exit to go back one menu.
- Press Exit to leave menu.
Turn your computer into a telephone!
Learn more about Cisco IP Communicator SoftPhone: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/ip-communicator/index.html
Normal labor repair rate is $36.00 per hour, billed in 1/4 hour increments.
Problems with phones or data lines that are not working are given top priority for repair. However, if you need immediate service for something else, you may request Priority Service. This request will move your work order to the top of the queue for installation, moves or repairs.
Priority requests are billed at a higher rate than normal work orders. Priority service labor rate is $108 an hour, billed in 1/2 hour increments. To request priority service, submit a work request at http://support.boisestate.edu/ and call the following number(s) to inform an individual that you are requesting Priority Service.
Please provide the Call Ticket number you receive via e-mail reply. If the first number goes to voice mail, please dial the second and then the third.
- OIT Business Services Manager: 208-426-2743
- Network Services Manager: 208-426-3093
- OIT Business Services: 208-426-1433
For questions, contact the Help Desk at 208-426-4357, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.