The OIT Help Desk supports all versions and platforms of the Microsoft Office Suite of applications.
Microsoft Office for Students – Free License for Students
Boise State students are eligible to download and use full versions of Microsoft Office software for free.
Microsoft Office for Employees – Free and Paid Licenses for Personal Home Use
Employees can download and use Microsoft Office on personally-owned computers through these programs:
- Microsoft Office Student Advantage (also available to employees) (free)
- Microsoft Office 365 for Educators (free)
- Microsoft Home Use Program (paid)
|Home Use Program||MS Office Student Advantage|
|Word for Windows||Yes||Yes|
|Excel for Windows||Yes||Yes|
|PowerPoint for Windows||Yes||Yes|
|OneNote for Windows||Yes||Yes|
|Access for Windows||Yes||Yes|
|Publisher for Windows||Yes||Yes|
|Outlook for Windows||Yes||Yes|
|InfoPath for Windows||No||Yes|
|OneDrive for Business||No||Yes|
|Skype for Business||No||Yes|
|Word for Mac||Yes||Yes|
|Excel for Mac||Yes||Yes|
|Powerpoint for Mac||Yes||Yes|
|Outlook for Mac||Yes||Yes|
|OneNote for Mac||Yes||Yes|
Microsoft Office for University-Owned Computers
Microsoft Office is available at no charge to any University employee for installation on University-owned Windows and Apple computers per our Microsoft Site License. Contact the Help Desk to obtain the software you need.
- Training for using Microsoft Office can be found on Microsoft’s website.
- Comprehensive Computer-Based Training for Microsoft software is available at no charge for current University employees.
- You can also download free handy Custom Guide Microsoft Office reference sheets in PDF format.