As part of Boise State University’s site license for Microsoft products, Computer Based Training covering a wide range of Microsoft software is offered at no cost to full-time faculty (including Adjuncts) and staff.
How to Access Microsoft Computer Based Training
- You must use a Boise State email address, and you also need a Microsoft Live account (such as Hotmail.com, Live.com, or Outlook.com). (You can create such an account to associate with your Boise State email.)
- Contact the Office of Information Technology Help Desk by phone (208-426-4357) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain the code for accessing the Microsoft Computer Based Training website.
- Note: This program code is assigned to Boise State University for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside of Boise State.
- Open a web browser and go to http://onlinelearning.microsoft.com/?whr=default, select “Sign in” and choose “Microsoft Account.”
- Use your existing Microsoft Live account:
- Alternatively, you may create a Microsoft Live Account by selecting “Sign up now” to create a new account. You can link it to your Boise State email. Microsoft will send you a verification email for your new account.
- If you create a new account, you will need to verify it. Microsoft will send you a verification email. Click on the link in the email.
- Once you log on to the online learning website, you will need to enter the access code you received from the Help Desk in step 2 above.
- You will be prompted to accept the terms of agreement and complete your profile. Enter your contact email and your location.
- Once you have completed your profile you can browse courses and add them to your profile
- Choose a course title to launch the offering. You will have 12 months from time of launch to complete that course.
For questions, contact the Help Desk at 208-426-4357, or email email@example.com.