Do you need to learn a new technology or software? The Office of Information Technology provides learning resources for in-person classes, online and self-paced learning resources and custom training. The OIT Learning Technology Solutions team provides additional classes on technology for teaching and learning.
Accessing Higher Ground Virtual Conference, November 13-17
The Office of Information Technology is pleased to offer free registration to Boise State faculty, staff and students to attend the Accessing Higher Ground Virtual Conference in the Student Union Building throughout the week of November 13.
Accessing Higher Ground focuses on the implementation and benefits of:
- Accessible media, Universal Design and Assistive Technology in the university, business and public setting.
- Legal and policy issues, including ADA and 508 compliance.
- Creation of accessible media and information resources, including web pages and library resources.
Pre-conference and main conference sessions are available to attend. Details for each session are available on the conference’s website.
New - Access to Taped SessionsThe IDEA Shop has generously purchased the Taped Sessions Add-On package for this conference. These sessions will be available to view on-demand after the conference.
How to Register
Registration is free to Boise State faculty, staff and students. Seating is limited.
For additional information, contact Carolyn Quintero at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OIT Training Sessions and Resources
Online Help and Training
Online and self-paced learning resources are available through Boise State and software vendors for the following subjects.
- G Suite (formerly “Google Apps”): Visit the G Suite training page for online help and training resources.
- Microsoft: Visit the Microsoft Office 365 training page for online help or use your Boise State email to access the excellent Microsoft Computer Based Training series.
- WordPress: The WordPress training page provides several online resources to learn how to maintain your Boise State WordPress site.
- TechSmith Relay and Camtasia Studio: The TechSmith website provides fantastic help and tutorials for Camtasia Studio and TechSmith Relay.
- Blackboard: Boise State Blackboard help and training.
- Adobe Creative Suite: Visit the Adobe Help website to learn how to use the Adobe Creative Suite tools.
- Reporting: Learn Pyramid analytics in drop-in labs and online tutorials.